nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In the name of the Beast

I sound as doleful as a funeral yet i am perfectly happy. I talk as if I am afraid of everything but I am really as brave as a lion.
He became so beautiful and the music so despairing, I do not know which o fthem it was that filled my eyes with tears.
All you have been saying is quite right, I shouldn't wonder. So I won't deny any of what you said. But there's one thing more to be said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things --- trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and God himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones. Suppose this black pit of a kingdom of yours is the only world. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that's a funny thing, when you come to think of it. We're just babies making up a game, if you're right. But this game can make a play-world which licks your real world hollow. That's why I'm going to stand by the play-world. I'm on God's side even if there isn't any God to lead it. I am going to live as like a Christian even if there isn't any Kingdom. So, I am leaving your court at once and setting out in the dark to spend our lives looking for the Promised Land. Not that our lives will be very long, I should think; but that's a small losee if the world's as dull a place as you say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a most interesting blog