nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Another day, another step

It is time to get serious about things, to pick up those books and spend long hours head buried within them. Anatomy is getting abit abstract for me. Not that it is a problem. Not without a solution anyway. I went and bought a copy of Netter's. Hand drawn schema of body systems and organs and so on. It costs me a hundred bucks and my heart is still feeling the pain.
A thought came to my mind, I have been spending too much, perhaps I should just leave home without my wallet, just 3 dollars and an ezylink card. Good for my weight also. Good for my weight, that is most important. Talk about a balloon. Talk about me.
I am starting on my new book. Reading it I mean, not writing it..
Been through a lot of good books, good books bring you to places your imagination can't on its own. Places you delight in, you marvel about or places that scare the shit out of you. Fantasy, horrror, classics, Sci-fi and many more. Right now it is Narnia. Got it at a very good rate. Was through with Michael Crichton's State of Fear. A book I agree largely with. Shall mention it one of these days.
A brave New World by Aldous Huxley is one for the cynicals. 1984, Animal Farm by George Orwell. Horror stories by Lovecraft, ALfred Hitchcock and the likes. Fantasy by SUsan Dexter, David Eddings and Terry Pratchett include The Tamuli series, Discworld. Political thrillers by Jeffery Archer(together with Michael Crichton and Sydney Sheldon, whose books I have all but read). There are of course Lord of the rings and Harry Potter. Hitchhiker's guide to Galaxy series is some of the most entertaining texts I had come across. Then there is Charles dickens Great expectations, so on and so forth.
WHy did I bother to list out so many books? The list probably goes way longer. Definitely.
Saw Basu in school today, can't remember what we talked about, or how it led to books. So I just listed some of the great reads.
It is always important not to have casual Texts, texts are sacred ( at least to the lover of literature). Enough of another entry of rambling. Good night.

No comments: