nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

interrupted by mayonnaise and chicken

Was beginning a new entry when I was lured by chee siang to the canteen. Not that I am really hungry. Most of the time I go canteen just for the company of those who are eating. Ok back to soccer.
Chelsea has stopped winning. Despite all that they have said, how Mourinho is saying that there is 99.9% chance of winning and all pressure is on liverpool, chelsea lost. I was gripping the edge of my sofa as I watch the game progress into the last few minutes. How I shared in that frustration everytime a shot is made and it is blocked by a REd in the fully packed penalty area. The tactics were spot- on. Chelsea lacks the kind of player who can penetrate the stoutest defence. Arjen and Kezman failed to do what they were put on for. No Lampard's miraculous 50 metre shot, no John Terry header. NO Drogba pulling the defenders to one side before sending the ball into the danger zone to a teammate. None of that. Was it a disappointment?
No. the team is ambitious, the team manager is unscrupulous. They are no Ronaldhinos or Shenchevos because no player has ecllipsed the collective team . They function well as a united group. In defense or attack. If I were to recall, they have not lost mnay games or battles with conceding more than 2 goals. I find them enthralling and with plenty to look for. I totally accept what Mourinho is doing, how he pyschs his players and plays mind games with the other managers.
Because at the end of the day, it is just a game of football. No matter if you label it as a classic or history making, the future will see that it would be forgotten. The future will always see more history being remade. At the end, despite all the hostilities exchanged in the press, the players and coaches would still remain as good friends. If they do not see the trivialness of it all now, they would do so eventually when they hang up their soccer boots and quietly walk off the pitch.
Meanwhile, Chelsea is entertaining. Real Madrid is entertaining. These two teams have captured my attention and I shall wait in eagerness to see how these teams remodel history of the past, how they strive to attain that penultimate European glory. And this month, I shall turn to Istanbul and watch if Liverpool being so enigmatic can overcome the most dangerous team in the world.. AC milan

No comments: