nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Old directions are the best

Another old blog by an old friend
Thursday, June 02, 2005


Carefree Days

Had a 3-hours afternoon nap! I slept at 11+ pm last night and only woke at 10.30 am this morning. I'm quite a pig. But it can't be helped that I'm feeling tired cuz I just came back from chalet at Costa Sands East Coast.

Sherilyn and Guan Hong booked 2 chalets(E9 and E10) and invited their classes to come. On the first day, Sunday, Guan Hong came to my house to help bring all the food we prepared the evening before to chalet. Called a cab and Bro helped us to carry all the food downstairs. It was raining super heavily and the stuff were heavy too. Guan Hong accidentally scratched his arm while carrying the wire gauze. Ouch.

I think I was the driest. Several guys from other classes walked half an hour in the heavy rain just to get to the chalet, girls too. And Guan Hong got wet because he carried the food in the rain and blamed me for not sheltering him, which was what I was supposed to do. I had an umbrella in my hands, but he just went off carrying the food in the rain without telling me, so in the end I didn't really shelter him. Hee.

We started playing Mahjong soon after we reached the chalet at about 3 pm. At 5 plus, people were starting to get hungry and so we started the fire. There were 4 pits. Guan Hong wanted to get his hands on starting the fire. But due to inexperience, the fire he started were not very successful. Haha. Quite messy in fact, especially for the first one. But he learned from other guys and the second fire he started was much more organized. Sherilyn was like following him around when he was starting the fire, and giving her comments. He got kind of frustrated and said 'Can you stop following me? I just want to start the fire on my own! And I am not your son, so stop acting like my mother!' Haha. And he jumped like a little boy! Lolz. That was the funniest part. Of cuz he didn't mean to bark at Sherilyn. He didn't in fact, just something he said to get people to stop looking at him starting the fire. Haha.

There were many people. Wai Meng and Hongyi were there too. Many came and many went. Only several, about ten people, stayed overnight. From my class, only Wee Khiang, Qiu Ting and me stayed. After the BBQ, we (Guan Hong, Qiu Ting, Wee Khiang, Zhi yang from 01/05 and me) played more Mahjong. 4 of them went to bathe one by one, except me. After they were done, we walked to Parkway Parade's Kbox to sing. It was quite a long walk but I enjoyed it! But they felt like they had just wasted their bath cuz they started to perspire again. See? I'm smarter!! =P Sang from 12 am to 3 am. It was my first time at Kbox. Previously, I always rejected Sandy when she asked if I wanted to go Kbox, cuz I thought it was a total waste of money. Just sing songs and you'd to pay so much. Furthermore, I thought I wouldn't dare to sing much in front of others. Haha. But I was surprised to find that I sang the most that night. Haha. I mean, it doesn't matter if you sound horrible or sang out of tune, cuz everyone will sound horrible too! Haha. But I didn't sing out of tune k. Haha. Guan Hong sings pretty well. Qiu Ting too. Both of them frequent Kbox. Wee Khiang said my voice is quite sweet. =X Haha. Zhi Yang didn't sing much. I think he was the most bored. And, Guan Hong and Wee Khiang, the 2 guy partners, kept singing love songs to each other!!! Especially when they sing Xuan Ze. I tell you, they are so gay! Haha. But that was so funny and entertaining! 'Wo xuan ze le ni, ni xuan ze le wo, zhe shi wo men de, xuan ze..' 3 hours was too short. We had to sing only half of a song near the end cuz there were simply too many! Didn't know singing at KTV could be so fun! Now I know why people like to do so.

After we left Kbox, we went to a nearby coffeeshop to have a drink. Da Ben Zhu ate minced meat noodle, and the rest of us only drank. The walk back took about 1 and a half hour cuz Gate 4 was closed and we had to enter by the main gate. I took a bath and everyone slept at 6+ am. We promised to wake at 9.30 am to have breakfast together. I guess I was the last to fall asleep, cuz a while after we all got onto bed, I was still wide awake and said 'Wo shui bu zhao' And I kind of woke everyone up again! Hee. I was the earliest to wake up too! Woke at 8.45 am and saw that everyone was still asleep. So I was trying to do something useful to waste time. Stretched and turned on the bed. Time was crawling by. I even tried making my body into a circle by making my feet touch my head. Successful for the right turn, almost succeeded for the left. After I tried all sorts of stunts on the bed, they were still sleeping and it was only 9 am! I wanted to test if they were deep asleep. And so I said 'Qi lai le!! Qi chuang le!!' Said it a few times, and they started waking up one by one. Haha. They weren't having a deep sleep after all. Guan Hong was the most pig. He didn't want to get out of bed and said it was still early. When he finally decided to get up, I felt a bit tired after all the stunting and calling out. So I told them 'Let's sleep for ten more minutes.' And I think they were feeling -.-'''. Hee.

And so we went to Mac to have breakfast. I had hotcakes with sausages!! Yum Yum! Most of them had Big Breakfast. We were planning what to do next. I told them I felt like singing again and Guan Hong felt like bowling. So our plan was to go Katong Shopping Complex to bowl and then go Kbox from 2 to 7 pm. Guan Hong knew the area very well cuz he lived there when he was young. Oh, and he's from Ngee Ann Primary. We couldn't find the bowling place cuz we got on to the wrong lift. Went to a snookerium instead. First time I tried the real pool too! Experience in Yahoo! Pool gave me a good idea on how to play. Zhi Yang said wo you qian tu. Haha. Only played for half an hour cuz Qiu Ting and me got kind of bored. Guan Hong was even better. He slept through the whole pool session on a sofa. Can't blame him. He was sick and I woke him up early too. Felt guilty when I saw how tired he was.

We went to a KTV at the shopping complex after pooling. The rates were cheap, but we weren't very sure about the songs they have. Only booked an hour at first, extended it to three after a while. The microphones were louder too! Which is a good thing, cuz I can't sing very loud even if I tried. Was a bit disppointed when I couldn't find Stella's Fen Shou Di Qi Tian and Lin Yi Lian's Zhi Shao Hai You Ni on the menu. Guess Kbox is still a better choice. I sang the most again. All 4 of them feel asleep. Haha!! And I was the only one left singing on my own. Haha, cuz some of the songs I picked, Qiu Ting don't know how to sing. I didn't mind them sleeping at all. It's quite good to sing alone in fact, Haha. No wonder Guan Hong and Qiu Ting often go to sing alone. But I felt bad and a bit selfish. Hee. Like I picked a lot of songs and bored them. Oops. So sorry!

Left the KTV at about 4 pm and we finally found where the bowling area was. I didn't bowl cuz I didn't wanna spend too much money. And I was happy enough to just watch. Guan Hong was the best in bowling, though he said he was much better in the past. For the first game, both Guan Hong and his gay, Wee Khiang scored 101. Zhi Yang scored 59 and Qiu Ting, 57. Quite close huh. For the next 3 games, Guan Hong still didn't manage to hit 140, which was his target score. Hmm, and the lao ah peks at the next lane were superb. They could hit as high as 130+ at the 5th frame. Got told off by them cuz we bowled at the same time as them, and distracted them as a result. =X I passed quite a lot of comments during their bowling game. And Guan Hong said I was too noisy. BlehX. I don't care, I don't care. =P I just love to talk!

Since we were in Katong, how could we forget to try out the infamous Katong Laksa?? It was so delicious! Wee Khiang and Zhi Yang didn't want the cockles. When our Laksa came, Wee Khiang found out that he didn't want the prawns too. So he gave them to us. And after that, he found that he had paid 3 bucks for the soup, noodles and slices of fish cakes. Haha! Quite bo hua. I really like the Laksa! Yum Yum!! The best cockles I had ever tasted!

Had to rush to Parkway Parade to fetch the 01/05 girls, cuz they didn't know how to get to East Coast. Guan Hong really knew the place well, and we got to the place mainly by passing through air-conditioned areas and escalators. And it was another long walk back to the chalet. There was another round of BBQ that night. Zhen Hao and Shiu Hei came too. Daddy didn't come! Liar! He told me he would come on second day. Well, for the second BBQ I did quite a lot of cooking, compared to the first one, during which I mainly ate and ate. Hee. There were only 2 pits. Guan Hong took care of one and me, the another. People commented that mine looked better. Well, of course!! =P Actually I enjoy BBQing more than eating. Quite satisfying to see raw meat becoming cooked meat in your own hands. Haha. Oh, and Guan Hong got both of us a chair to sit while BBQing. Aww.. how sweet. =X My fire was getting smaller and smaller. Took ages for the meat to become cooked. But with much TLC and patience, I managed to get all of them nicely done. Zhen Hao and Shiu Hei were busy helping to peel the prawns and feeding them to Guan Hong and me. Lolz. It was like a food-processing mechanism. Guan Hong + Me cook food ---> feed Zhen Hao and Shiu Hei ---> Peel prawns ---> Feed Guan Hong and Me ---> cook food.. and the cycle goes on.

I was hesitating to stay for the second night. Qiu Ting almost stayed overnight, but in the end she decided against it. So Wee Khiang and her left. Since I was kind enough, I decided to stay, cuz Guan Hong was like persuading people to stay. Haha. Furthermore, I would get a treat if I stayed! Hee~ Besides, Zhen Hao and Shiu Hei were staying too. And since we know each other quite well, I was glad, at least I won't be alone. I felt a bit bad, like Qiu Ting's decision to leave was partly due to my insensitivity. Cuz I was chatting away with Zhen Hao and Shiu Hei while BBQing, and she felt a bit bored and went upstairs with Wee Khiang. Oops. Sorry!

Went to play Mahjong again after BBQ. I felt hot even after I bathed. There was another guy who came. Forgot his name, but he kept calling me Mei Nu, especially when he wanted me to help him BBQ his prawns after already sat down on the Mahjong table. So irritating lo. After I bathed he wanted me to take over his place, also referred to me as Mei Nu. Oh, but I told him 'Can you stop calling me mei nu?' Just didn't like the way he sounded, though I know he didn't mean to piss me off. I wasn't pissed la, just irritated. Anyway, I stopped playing Mahjong cuz I couldn't stand the heat. went upstairs to enjoy the aircon and listen to mine cd. Found Guan Hong already fast asleep but his spectacles were on his bed. So I just placed it on the table in case they get squashed under his heavy weight. Was surprised when he woke up to put his specs properly. If it had been my brother, the spectacles would already be on the floor or squashed when he woke up. Anyway, it's nice to just sit on bed with lights off, air conditioner on, listening to good music. So good to just relax, forget everything else for a second and just be able to enjoy the moment. Hmm~~~ Enjoy the little things in life.

I slept quite a lot for the second night. Woke at 9+ am i think. And went for breakfast at Mac again, with Sherilyn, Guan Hong, Zhen Hao and Shiu Hei. This time I ordered Big Breakfast. I think I still preferred Hotcakes with sausages. I accidentally ate Sherilyn's Hashbrown cuz I thought I only ate mine halfway. And when Sherilyn started looking for hers, I was like asking everyone whether they had seen it. When I realised that I was actually holding hers in my hand, ah! So pai seh! And everyone was laughing at me. Haha. I'm entertaining alright. But Sherilyn felt sick after she ate. So we went back to chalet instead of heading for the bowling alley right away. She wanted to get back earlier so rode back on bike. But she fell down! Ouch. Had quite a big wound, and she limped her way back.

Hmm, and we checked out at around 1130. None of us felt like going home, so we decided to meet up for bowling later. Zhen Hao and Shiu Hei went to Guan Hong's house to put stuff. I went to Sherilyn's house to put her stuff and also for her to bathe. Met up at city hall at 2.15 pm and we head off to Superbowl at Marina. This time round I played. So long never bowl le! Guess I did better than I'd expected for the first game. Second game I tried all sorts of funny ways, like placing the bowl on the floor and push it forward, throw the bowl high into the air and let it drop onto the lane, almost hurt my muscle. Phew~ Haha. And a lot of funny things happened. It was all Shiu Hei's fault la! Haha. The system was quite screwed up. Scores weren't recorded, the pins were not cleared. Haha, don't how to describe what happened.

After the bowling sesssion, Guan Hong and I felt like watching a movie. But the rest weren't that keen and Sherilyn was hungry. So we bought food at LJS and smuggled them in. Watched Monsters-In-Laws. Funny and touching. Haha. Cheesy lines too. I had quite a good laugh. Hee.

Went HMV at citylink after the movie. I want to buy Aurora! Shall go check it out in China. Zhen Hao and Shiu Hei left earlier. Sherilyn took a bus home and Guan Hong and I wanted to take NEL home, but we decided to take a quick look at the CDs at Bugis Village. Ahma once told me the CDs there are very cheap. Anyway, I didn't manage to find the version of Aurora that I wanted.

After that, I finally went home. Should have taken a bus, I don't really like taking the MRT.

I kind of miss the chalet when I woke up this morning. Haha. Guess this was one of the best chalets I ever attended. I felt kind of bad for having bias towards Shiu Hei previously. I mean it can't be helped, especially when the impression he gave me during upper sec wasn't that good. Well, I'd always thought he was quite flirtatious and is always going after the pretty girls in school. Haha. So, at first when I knew that he'd be coming to chalet, I was a bit negative. Oh, but I realised he's quite an OK person. Hmm, guess people do change. Especially for the transition from secondary school to JC, well, at least for the guys. I don't think I'd changed much. Hongyi had turned from an anti-social mugger, to a sociable person who would say 'hello' to you when you pass by him. And Daddy, now he can scold and hit people when he's not happy. Haha. Quite interesting to see people around you changing (for the better, I hope). So, the bottom line is, I shouldn't judge people by what others say and perhaps also how that person appear to be. Hmm, but then again, it's quite hard. Haha. Ok, I'll try harder.

Oh, now I feel like going back to the chalet, without having to worry about schoolwork. Haiz! Good days are always short-lived. Had a lot of fun too. Although I was always suan by people, and pigs like Guan Hong, but it was quite funny. Haha. At least I amuse people. They always say I'm hard of hearing, which isn't very true, though sometimes I hear people wrongly, but that's only because they never pronounce their words correctly. Ya, you can't find a better explanation for that. I really enjoyed myself! Did quite a lot of stuff and tried out new thing like pool and KTV. Oh.. now I think I'm hooked.

Hmm, didn't spend much time with Sherilyn. Felt quite bad, like we excluded her in most of our activities. But that's only because Guan Hong didn't want her to follow. Hmm, but I still feel bad. And when I said goodbye to her at City Hall MRT station, I suddenly realised it might be the last time I'm seeing her. And that's quite sad. Perhaps we would meet up again, but for now, it just felt like that's the end of it all. Argh.

Oh, and I realise I can predict Guan Hong quite well. Haha. Like I can predict what he's gonna say next, just like how Candy is always so predictable. Maybe you guys should try to surprise me every now and then. Haha. But it's nice knowing that you think the same way as them, at least you know that they are friends that can connect to you at the same level! Haha. This is so fun. Everytime I predict something correctly, it feels good. Haha. Hee Hee.


I need a new direction..

No comments: