nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Another night of bright lights

I was just googling my name when I chanced upon a friend's entry. Nothing really significant but it was just nice to have that night captured in words.
BY Miss L
Second gathering was on 27 Dec (Sat): RJC judokas at Zhixu’s house. We had steamboat & I met up with a few people I haven’t seen in years. Other than the few whom I met up with last year (6 Years After RJC Judo), I’ve lost contact with the rest of them. My closest friend in RJC Judo, Jianhao, wasn’t there for the gathering. He abandoned me for another gathering. *But it’s okay. I forgive you. * So at times, I felt a bit out of place.
So we had the Judo gals - Liling, the engineer & me, the actor. Liling brought her bf, Faizal, who’s also an engineer. We have the doctors, Zhixu & Qianming, and the doctor-to-be, Guanhong. We have the trader, Jingmin. Yuanyiu brought his gf, Kehui, who’s also a banker. Star-studded cast, indeed. Haha. The next time we gather may be at a radically different setting… During Zhixu’s wedding next year. He’s planning to get married to Aisha, probably sometime in July. And that will mark the first matrimony amongst us.. Amazingly, Zhixu is the first to get hitched, as predicted.
This gathering stirred up many memories. Memories of my JC days, and the foolishness with which I treated my relationships & studies then. If I could live those days all over again with the knowledge I have now, I would definitely live my life differently. If I had not asked for too much, I wouldn’t have got more than I bargained for in the end. So nine years have passed.. But I look back & find that my heart is still the same. Maybe I should let the moment just freeze there, or maybe I should seek out the truth in 2009. I shall go with the flow, I guess. But I really hope to be able to build better ties with my JC friends once again.

No comments: