nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Friday, July 23, 2004

All of life contained within that sphere of radius 18cm

What should I write? I am living life with such impact that I may do away with the need for a blog. there would be no need for me to lock episodes of my life away on this virtual universe.
Yet since I had started this blog, I shall not see it waste away.
Came across a very meaningful phrase today.
Mount Everest.
This may be the most famous mountain on Earth. Some had thought it links heaven and earth. And to scale it would be considered a incredible endevour of mankind. A kind of wrestling match with the physical world. The world never loses. If you may hold it to a stalemate..That would be a triumph in its right. Perhaps when mankind challenges inanimate objects, we are actually up against ourselves.
OUr opinions of our own worth and the actuality of confirming or denying that worth.
So the tallest mountain naturally attracts plenty of challengers. This guy called Moyan( cant really rem his name) tried to climb it thrice. Eventually losing his life on the third attempt. However, it is the spirit of his unwaverness that I admire.
When asked after his second shot at the mountain, why is he trying to climb such a hostile mountain.
He simply replied : because it is there.
Yes because it is there.
I identify this fire within myself. On thursday , I had witness my juniors overcoming their arch rivals of six years to win the national title. Raffles agaiinst Hwa Chong, that has been the case for more than a decade. Why is winning so important? Why is bringing glory to the school such an honorable task that many spend most of their teenage years sweating blood and tears just to fulfil this task?
I was such a soul before. I guess given the right opportunities in future, I would not hesitate to sacrifice for a cause that I do not understand but just because it is there.
I am so proud of those who commit themselves to the causes in their lives. I am happy that we won. 3 out of 4 times in the past years. Yet i am in no way ashamed when we had lost. The match may be decided in 20 minutes. A whole year of training,agony and suffering to be determined in less than an hour. Maybe it is a travestry. But that is life. No second chances. You win, you win and that is history. The same goes for losing.
I shall be proud of those who try . Those who are willing to stick their necks out, to have their hearts accelerate to the pace where the thumping may even be heard, to have their muscles strained so much that you can feel the pain in the bones. The results I would say becomes peripheral.
But that hunger for victory and triumph should always be present.
I shall say I want to win.

Had read in a book. The character had set his starting point as perfection and work from there.

No comments: