nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Monday, February 26, 2007

There is still plenty to say

Tue, 27th Feb 2007

There is still plenty to say about Sunday's incident-packed match in Cardiff.

Players and coached have been sharing their words.

Petr Cech
'I was really pleased with my performance. There were a lot of crosses to deal with and two chances. I really enjoyed this game, I was looking forward to it for a long time because of my injury.

'We went 1-0 down quite early but we knew how to turn things round. We equalised quite quickly and in the second-half, we played tactically well.'


On the John Terry incident
'For five minutes he was on the stretcher so I didn't feel really well and it reminded me of my injury. With head injuries you never know. Fortunately there were physios around really quickly.

'When you see the reaction of everyone around and all the physios running, you could see it was not an easy injury.

'I just tried to switch off from it all. As a goalkeeper you need to keep your concentration and I was walking around, thinking about my game. I didn't even ask what was happening because it was better that way.

'There are a lot emotions because I knew if it was the same case as mine, how difficult it is to come back and how much you have to do. But already he had back consciousness when he was about the enter the tunnel and when you see him moving, after you feel fine.

'The game went on again and it was a great cup tie.

'I told him if you have some trophy for the iron man of the year, it is him because after the injury in the Porto, he played, and this is the same, he is fine!'

Wayne Bridge
'We worked hard as a team. Some people may not give us credit for beating a young team but they are a young team with quality.'

Didier Drogba (speaking on Chelsea TV's Live from Stamford Bridge)
On the first goal
'I didn't turn to see the linesman because for me I was onside. I was waiting to pass the ball to Sheva but there was no space so I decided to take my chance.'

On the second goal
'I just ran past the defender and anticipated the cross like against Bayern Munich. When the cross is coming as fast as it came, it is easy for me to choose where I want to put the ball. When Robbie crossed, I knew I was going to score.'


On the John Terry incident
'We were all shocked because of what happened earlier in the season to Petr and Carlo, especially me because I lost my assistant manager in the national team a bit in the same way on the pitch. He had a heart attack.

'So when I saw those images, I was scared. So then I had 10 to 15 minutes when I didn't know where I was, I was shocked, so it was difficult for me to keep playing.

'We tried to give more and to win. I don't think we needed this to win the game but that happened and we are very happy because now JT is in good health and we bless God because it was scary.
'Petr was praying, that shows you how terrible it was.

'When we saw him [Terry] coming into the dressing room, we were shocked as well because he was coming from nowhere.'

On the red cards incident
'Five minutes after the game, all the players of both teams were talking about that and trying to cool it down because we did not show something very good for the people in the stadium and the kids who dream about Kolo Touré or Obi Mikel.

'Kolo Touré is a winner. I know him very well and he was upset because they conceded the second goal and there were only three minutes to go. So I can understand that.

'But I think they went too far. There is a limit. I know him very well so it is a shame.'

Arjen Robben
'You want to start games like this and that disappointment, you have to put into positive energy and try to influence the game when you come in. I think I did quite well.

'Our character has been our strength and we showed it again. Personally, I want to pay Arsenal a big complement because they have done very well in my eyes with so many young players. They are all developing and that is good to see for football fans in general.'

On the Terry incident
'It was very difficult because at that time it is about someone's health and not just a broken ankle or something like that. He was away and his eyes had gone wide and it is horrible to see.

'You don't think about football anymore, you just think about everybody is human and you don't want that to happen to anybody. So I am very happy because he is doing very well.

'This Cup is totally for JT.'

Frank Lampard
'It feels nice to lift the trophy, John's done it before, but for me that's not what's important. What's important is all the lads being up there together and we have won the game.

'We have been playing well for the last month and we are still in everything. We have never won the FA Cup as a group, we haven't won the Champions League and we want to win the League again. So we can't classify anything as the big one. Everygame we play is the big one now.

'It thought my shot was going to dip in but then when it hit the bar I was gutted. But I thought it was a good sign because things like that lift the crowd.

'Typical JT, trying to stick his head in to score a goal to win it for us!'

On the red cards incident
'It stemmed from players wanting to win games and backing up your team-mates. Things happen like that and they escalate and now you sit down and say you wish they didn't happen but people want to see a final where two teams wanted to win and that's what happened.

'It was a surprise to see the manager there. I didn't know he was that quick!'

Arsène Wenger
'The regrets we have are that we didn't put the game beyond Chelsea in the first-half. We missed the final ball a few times.

'In the second-half I felt it would be the first team to score that won the game and Drogba made the difference. We lost the possession in the final third and got punished.

'Diaby got an ankle injury when he unfortunately kicked the head of Terry.'

José Mourinho
'In the first-half, playing with a midfield diamond, it was quite difficult for my players to get close.

'Fabregas, Denilson, Diaby, they were playing between our positions. In the second-half we focused three midfielders against three midfielders and Essien on Baptista because he was with a lot of freedom between the lines.

'We pressed them better. We had better control of the game and we had no defensive problems. When we scored the goal, the game was almost over. Sheva could score the third and kill it, he didn't and the game was still alive.

'That emotional situation happened and after that, the game is over. Ten against nine, it is just the final whistle to finish.'

No comments: