nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Friday, February 16, 2007

One more time

It is probably not a good time to blog because I have not had a wink through the night. I had a night filled with smoke, fire, bright light and plenty of carcinogenic food. And it also a night with pandas, with fun, with connections and plenty of laughter. It was a good night. Panda outings are always filled with food, drinks and lame jokes. A bad habit that was brought back from China. No wonder pandas are fat and have black eye rings. I took a nice bath once I reached home and was really tempted to just shut myself off to the world, and abandon all consciousness. After all, I just had a night where I had abandoned all inhibitions and diet restrictions.
Then I remembered that my mum wanted me to help her this morning. New year is after all closer to tomorrow than next year. I went downstairs in search of her, maybe I could carry her shopping bags or help her lug the 1 kg of rice home. Luckily her supermarket needs today are minimal. The only instruction to me was to clean up my room and stop using my notes as carpet. Not to mention my blanket, pillow and bloster. Let everything return to where they should be.
Okay, not a problem. So I went back to my room, happily sidestepped the storybook that lies on the floor immediate to my entrance into the room, then skipped over a pillow and an old bag, evaded some scattered pieces of paper and settled down comfortably into my computer chair. Nothing seems to be a problem.
I feel extra invigorated because I had just completed four very important tasks on thursday. Not exactly completion because I still have to tie up many loose ends, but at least I took care of them well enough for me to have a few weeks of peaceful sleep. I met with the sports club representative to discuss about the funding for my Combined Martial Arts Display this year. Managed to coerce $1300 out from him. Hopefully I can use that money to increase publicity for all the martial arts clubs at the same time. Maybe I will be voted 武林盟主once everyone realised how useful my contributions are. Just a joke. It is just that I miss Louis Chia's novels too much. WHen is he coming out with a new book? Never seems to be it, even Harry Potter is being lined up for its 7th launch. I am considering placing an order with Borders after receiving an invitation through its weekly e-news. Then I still have to meet with Sports Club's Marketing director to discuss about sourcing of sponsors. At least there is the sports council with $500 already.
Then I met Melanie of UCC. The booking of UCC's theatre would be smooth albeit costly. I had even managed to bargain off $180 from the total price. I still 8 hours of time in that theatre. Why should I be doing all the leg work when I am the project director? Am I too nice a guy, considerate or just useless at allocating work? Hardly. It is nice to see through the important details after all my signature would be required and all expenses and credit will be through me. A rich and poor man at the same time, that is me.
Then I did my Judo club's workplan for this year. I realized I am just way too ambitious when too few people really take CCA seriously. Do I stand a chance of changing that? More of my time perhaps. But one thing I really want is to sweep the medals at the IVP in march.天下第一!神功盖世!唯我独尊! The lack of sleep is really getting to me.
Went to SRC and met Rahayu. Managed to coax 20 Judo mats out of her, plus competition attire and support for my Judo team members for the upcoming competition. I cannot imagine how wonderful the support are. She told me the school will actually print an NUS team tshirt, a sports jacket, provide meal and transport allowance plus pay for the competition fees for school representatives. Though she agreed to that with some hesitation, and only after my powerful skill of persuasion touched her deeply.
I cannot remember what is the fourth matter, or maybe I am just not very good at counting. I am losing control over my eyelids. And someone just sent a smile to me through friendster. WHat a nice phrase that beautiful stranger used: though this is virtual..i'm also always SMILING.. I did not bother to reply.
Shall lie down like a python, digest food from the night and prepare myself for the feast that follows my sleep.
Good Night

No comments: