nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Of the year to come

I really should be sleeping, should'nt I?
Tomorrow is the test on genetics, not much nerves though. Could say I prepared well for it. Not one to dwell too much on school and tests, I guess thats all I can say about the impending test.
It has been some time since I recorded any entry of my own creation. The last time I did, it was also after a long time hiatus. Not that many people read my blog anyway, so no loss to anyone. Valentine's coming up next week. It was interesting to note that Barry is not free on most days next well except wednesday. That might well be my case. Unless I have tuition that is. Couldn't find a better time to spend the evening with my parents. A nice dinner and a walk in the park. I did managed a few things today.
First up in the morning, I phoned the University Culture Centre for Melanie Tan. I needed to check the costs of renting the theatre for a night. That is for the Combined Martial Arts Display. I checked with Mingqi if the script is ready and the reply was positive. When I ran into Samuel, lady Luck was really smiling at me. Managed to come to the conclusion that Sports Club's sponsorship is valuable and that I had better approach them soon. I did in the later part of the night. I wonder how they took to my criticism of them in the school news article. Should I really care? The meeting with the rest of the chairpersons is on friday and I think I can piece together an action plan by tomorrow. Or rather today. I play Judo, I study. Then why am I trying to put together a performance? Lemon tree starts playing in the back of my mind. I wonder how, I wonder why.....
It is not a blue blue sky right now. The only colors are on the roads. Just shades of orange. Cast by the lonely street lamps whose brief company is the unrelenting car that goes past the lamps without noticing. Does anyone know I like the night? I have always liked loneliness and the quietude that occupies that vast empty space. Just by walking on an empty street, I feel that I can fill every inch of it. I become my best companion. The problem with the streets at night, really late at night or rather really early in the morning is that no matter where you walk, you do not get to your destination. You just wander. Maybe that is why streets meander, they have intersections and innumerable junctions. All for your exploration, for you to walk and get lost in. You do not merely get lost on the street, at the same time, your thoughts get lost and your feelings get lost. Those who have never tried, they will never understand.
I just have this urge to go out there and do something. Not the usual fooling around or just whisking the time away. I had almost wanted to join my neighbourhood committee this year. I do not really know what they do, maybe organize a few fairs, weekly meet the people sessions and a few community centre activities. I do not know why I want to be involved. It seems fun and looks a likely challenge. I have this incredible idea of a neighborhood microcosm, but do not wish to elaborate too much here. Maybe I could take a shot at pushing it through if I do join any local council next year. Then there is AJC. Last year I had too many tuitions to go back as a emergency tutor. Though that is not what they call it. I mean exams are coming in a few months and the students know nothing. What else counts as emergency? They call it the tutor scheme. I think most likely I shall return this year, just cannot forget the euphoria of standing in front of so many people and bullshiting them. Ops, I mean imparting wisdom. Guess that is one thin line. Maybe I can call for a commercialization of that program after a while. Another random thought I generated while in my incumbency in my bed.
Why do I not get more tired as the clock winds down and as the night draws shorter? I most definitely will lie there awake if I do return to my bed now. Like someone buried alive. How many trinucleotide repeat diseases are there? On my last count, there were fourteen. SMA1, 2, 3, 6, 7,8, 12. myotonic dystrophy, fragile x (a) and fragile x (e), friederich ataxia, huntington's chorea, SBMA and one really long name disease that I forgot. Some muscle dystrophy stuff. I doubt I can get any more stuff in my pink box right now. Maybe I will just try.
It was interesting to receive a sms from a friend: let me ask you, we are good friend right. If I tell you I found a boy friend, you would be happy for me as a friend right?
Guess what color it came out from? BLUE. Out of the blue. Maybe she sent to the wrong person. I only see her once a week during judo and I pay attention to everyone during my training. After all , on thursdays I am the coach.
Well, I can actually elaborate abit about Judo here. Since I just drew myself to this topic. At the age of 14, I had to drag myself to wake up at 9am every saturday and take an hour's bus ride to RI for training. More often than not, excuses appear to be as unequivocal reasons to stay at home and complete the most compelling part of my dream. I soon grew out of that and became turboly charged with adrenaline every time it comes to training. Ten years later, my attitude is Zen. It is an art, an enjoyment, a sport and a health hazard. I expanded the club to unprecedented size, and the work of the previous regimes certainly helped, I hope to see it flourish after I leave. At least for the foreseeable future.
For two years already, I am actually training the beginners. I am taking them through crawls and sprints. I correct their technical mistakes and urge them to face training with a sense of urgency. My methods are improving by each training. Initially there were some who complained at not being able to grasp the technique. Some felt a proper coach could do it for them when my explanation slipped through their flailing brains. I almost resorted to the reasoning that they were just not talented, slow or dim if you wish. They were a minority though, and this year I have the chance to prove myself. Everything is still rosy and there is something called the spirit amongst the young ones. That was not the picture I painted for myself ten years ago. Not one I could have assembled with the wildest imagination. It becomes a habit now. I am now trying to lead the club to glory in the IVP. Can we sweep both the gold and silver medals? Can we do equally well for the beginners? If we do, victory was not by my peerless leadership, but I must say a case of extremely good PR. Just like an expensively assembled football team.
That would be all for tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me gusta todo lo que hacen por esta pagina,la encontre de fortuna en un video de un avion que baja en una autopista y choca por atras de una truck y adelante de la camioneta iba una abuela conduciendo un auto viejo a muy baja velocidad,me dio mucha risa el video y al ultimo salio el nombre de su pagina,adios desde mexico ,tampico de un amigo Miguel

Anonymous said...

no hablo ingles ni chino pero entiendo un poco de todo lo que hacen en su linda pagina,bye amigos ,los felicito por todo esto