nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Sunrise

No, I am not going to talk about the scenery. I have never been up early enough to catch the sunrise. Someday I am going to make it a point to do it with the person I love.
I just had supper with my secondary school friends. YY and JY just came back from overseas. YY is at Duke while JY is in some French Uni under PSC scholarship. Cool.. The judo guys are pretty smart, 4 are overseas, 3 in medicine and 1 under MOE scholarship. That however is not the point of my blog today. We are so ordinary. We have our biasness and whims. ZX was saying that he doesn't feel like he grew up much. Neither do I. We were pretty much the same in RI. Perhaps I put on weight..and so did a few of them. haha
Our batch mates, two appeared in newspaper for writing stupid things in their blogs. One for racist remarks and another for critisizing his ex-scholarship sponsor. He had broken off from them already. A few are president scholars and doing well in medicine or overseas uni. We began to ponder over the significance of being a general in the army. After all, a lot of our friends are going to get a Star on their shoulders before 45. SOme maybe 2 or 3. I did not see any point in such a career. That is my personal preference.
We agreed that racist remarks are common. Someone must really hate CZ so much to exact such a punishment on him. Jokes are jokes. We are mature enough to know that race aside, a person's worth is not by how his skin is shaded. Still we make jokes about others because we are in the company of friends. Where we know we need not take any responsibility for any nonsense said.
JY spent a term in Boston, another year in London and already has 3 years at France. I would love to travel. I shall do it during my medical years I guess. There is actually nothing so scary about going overseas. Nothing so hard in getting admitted to Harvard Yale or the likes. Come down to it, most of us get paid for studying, chances are there for us to explore the world..Do as the rank of Columbus or ChengHo did.
I must say that not all take on the responsibility with selfless intent. ( interuppted by Diablo 2 urge)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...
but Diablo 2 is sooo darn long ago... hahahaha

Anonymous said...

by the way that was me...

-elvin
elvinyio.blogdrive.com