nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Who looks like Shrek?















My dinner at harborfront. It cost me $6.80. A big hole in my pocket!


















Charlene's dinner that cost her $6.50. I guess the premier of Pirates of Caribbean that is being held at Vivo is so appropriate. After all, they seems like pirates and robbers over there.









One of my Favorite character.



















Another one.



















Still one more.














My dinner again.



















My tea that costs me $1.30. Heartache. I am really getting poorer.



















Just a random shot.



















Not looking my best. But who ever looks his best weighing half a ton?



















Trying to act silly. Or it is just natural?














Grow up please.



















That is what the ear piece will do.



















A card I saw at Causewaypoint. There was an even better written card but I just did not get the opportunity to take a photo of it.














My study partner looks pissed.



















A card of my status. Note the word cool. nah. A cafe Galilee discount card. The card enables me to purchase drinks at $3.50 instead of the usual $4.50. BUt given the state of my cough, I don't see myself drinking anything cold soon.



















Trying to looking cute.



















Cute.


Today was a funny sort of day. I had two tuitions waiting for me and somehow I managed to push them both away. I guess it might just be the last time I see that tuition girl from Potong Pasir. Now, speaking of Potong Pasir, why is pasir pronounced as pasir while pasir ris is pronounced as pasir ?

Not that it matters, I think it would probably be for my own good to ditch one or two of my kids for this period. I finished a storybook about the Last Templar. I guess it was written during the hype of the Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. It speaks about the mortality of Jesueh of Nezareth and no prize for guessing who is that. That the Church fabricated or embellished some of the current contents of the world all time ever bestseller as politics in the period then required. Another conspiracy theory advocate.

Maybe this year I will still be going to Yunnan. There is a trip to Hongkong waiting for me as well. A place I have not been to. This is a Judo club trip. My idea originally. But I guess the current committee is just eager to try out their authority that they asked for complete autonomy over the trip. I guess it might just be for everyone's good. After two years of serving the club and teaching the juniors, mothering them and making sure the club keeps up its administrative part of the bargain with the school, I can finally focus on what I have always wanted to focus on. My own training. My own development. Not that I was stunted in the last two years, it is just that I cannot give full priority to the matter. Who knows. I might just end my swan song with two gold medals. We shall see.

I was at harborfront Macdonald's today for the first unofficial meeting of YN2007. Before that I saw the staff wearing the Shrek ear piece and I knew I had to have it. When I approached the counter, I saw that the proceeds of the earpiece will be to the Royal Macdonald's Children Fund. So it will be for a good cause. I am always for a good cause anyway.It cost me two dollars. I wore it happily while waiting for my friends. A few curious diners stared in my direction more than once. One kid ran by while his eyes glued to me. Now he believes that Shrek is real. I should have let out a Shrek-worthy bellow at that point.

So this year the YN intake might be reduced. I just hope to find enough juniors so that our efforts may continue next year. I learnt the importance of continuity within a society from Judo. It is always about sustainment, to keep the efforts going from year to year. So that we may grin ear to ear in knowledge that our good work is being continued somewhere sometime. Then the next meeting would be to solidify our objectives and coming up with a time line. Simple enough. I cannot wait for this year's project to get kicked off and roaring.

I also read about Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. And leprae. And the first line drugs against them and the second line drugs as backup. Maybe by next week i will finish my bacteria. All the germs. I have been down with one since my last exams. It is not getting better with all the codeine I have been downing. I don't even whoop during my cough so it should be whooping cough. Where are my IgAs?

Chelsea finally won the FA cup after a long and trying season. Sometimes when people asked which team I supported and when my reply is Chelsea, they will automatically follow up with the question of are you a recent convert. The implication of that question is did you follow Chelsea simply because they are a winning team and they are the fag of the moment. Who doesn't support a winner? Did not Man U or Liverpool win over the majority of their fans while embarking on successful campaigns? But once a fan, I guess you will support your club through thick and thin. I am just glad that this period is a thick one for Chelsea. There will be heartbreak moments or mindnumbing ones such as when Liverpool won through the penalty kicks to reach the CL finals. But I still love the character of the team to proudly stand up in defeat and look forward to the challenges ahead. The goal that won them back to back FA cup at the Wembley was exquisite.

I will be posting a lot of pictures today and I guess it is best I explain the circumstances the photos were taken. I have left a lot of unexplained photos around. Not today.

No comments: