nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Jose hails his players


Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho hailed his players as deserved winners after Didier Drogba's goal in extra-time secured a 1-0 over Manchester United, in the first FA Cup final at the new Wembley.

A tight and largely mundane affair was decided in the second period of extra-time, when Chelsea's top goalscorer concluded arguably the best move of the game, with a poked finish beyond Edwin van der Sar.

Having been usurped as Premiership champions for the first time in two seasons, the pressure was perhaps greatest on Chelsea to exact some kind of revenge, but their Portuguese tactician insists there was no added burden on his side.

"The players deserved to win this final trophy of the season and the victory is for them and for the supporters," he told Sky Sports 1.

"Only the pressure you put on yourself we you want to win...nothing else.

"We know the game plan and how to beat them and I think the boys deserved this great moment."

In his post-match press conference Mourinho moved to allay the fears of those supporters that believe this season could be his last at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho insists he has no intention of quitting the capital and that on the contrary, after a campaign in which he has overseen two cup triumphs, he is more than content in West London.

"As for the speculation [about his future] if people have doubts what can I do?

"I have a contract, I want to stay at the club, and they have told me they want me to stay.

"I have three years of a relationship with Peter Kenyon and I look on them as honourable people, not as liars so when they say publicly I'm going to be Chelsea manager next season I have no reason to doubt them.

"I'm moving house, but not to Portugal but in London because my address has been shown on television.

"I'm very happy with the club, I love the football in this country. If the club is not happy with me I think I will be the first in line to know because I'm working with honest people.

"On July 9 in Los Angeles we start our pre-season and I will be there.

No comments: