nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Match Fitness - a boring piece

I am back to training seriously. Not as serious as before, after all serious training back then constitute of 3 judo training sessions, 2 cardiovascular sessions per week. Life was virtually just for judo. I still managed to squeeze in some other guilty pleasures of life into that cramped lifestyle. I did not take my studies seriously then.
Right now, perhaps training is more self motivated and nothing was forced against your will. I am quite tired now. Did not focus yesterday. I was trying to gain match fitness, but rather sacrificed the sharpness of my play. After I had grown to like reading and occasionally watching soccer, I realized that the principles are very much the same.
PLayers may be under performing even if they are an ensemble of the best and most well paid players in the world. Name hardly counts when you are down there sharing the same field as your opponent. In fact, thinking that your opponent is a pushover certainly can cause many teams to play to lose. I tend to make that mistake a lot.
Then we also must consider match fitness. Not many people understand how judoka works. It is a bit lonely. I was at a nadir at the beginning of this year. Even running 2.4km was a problem was me. Not so much now. I am on my way to regain that amount of stamina and endurance. Not now. It takes much longer and I can only wait and continue to try my best.
I am actually throwing people with my shoulder throw. I guess that is result of necessity. Everyone seems to be growing bigger while I am just the same as I was 5 years ago. I do have a wide repertoire of techniques at my expense. I can always find a technique to use in most unusual situations. But of course I must not be forced into such a situation in the first place.
This saturday is my competition. I wonder if I will win. I know and believe that I can be the best player around. In my weight and belt category, I am. Or so I think. But I must be cautious. I must focus and do my best. Play a mixture of defensive and aggressive Judo. Frustrate my opponents and then when they panick because they cannot seem to penetrate my denfense with their attacks, I will strike.
I can do counter throws quite effectively against heavy weight players. Or at least I think I can. Only two bouts to the gold medal. Not a very worthy one. Not much hard work but the challenge is still there. Because it is simple, I must be able to attain it. Maybe I will give my medal to other people. I have so often promised many people that I shall be winning medals like drinking water soon. And I will offer them the medals I have amassed.
Maybe I am proud or arrogant. But that just makes things more interesting doesn't it?

No comments: