nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Lost once again in the forest of alphabets

It was one of the longest weekend. Time was in excess and my mind was a runaway. I had almost forgotten that time can pass in such a dreadfully creep. 4 months of abstinence from my blog, from the internet and all its tools of communication. Now I am back.
I shall come to the weekend part soon. Life doesn't seem much different without the internet. Books and the tv were my instrument in driving away boredom. I did managed to feel bored at times but these moments were soon turned to reflection and self searching. Not that such ponderance did me much good. I am still rather the same, stoned and unfeeling.
I had almost lived out of the web since my first contact with it 8 years ago. The bonds formed between me and those also snarled within the web were not lasting. Yet there were enough bonds at a time to hold me to it, bonds broken were just as quickly replaced. Some transcended the hardware and wires into real life. Most did not.
It has been a good week. The week before. The year in general came into an uneventful and neutral start. I have been upset many times but nothing serious that could shake me into prolonged frustration. Nothing that my perspective, once properly placed, could not see the transitory nature and insignificance of my problems.
I watched Hitch. It was pretty good for a Will Smith comedy. Friday night. Was alone. I almost had trouble deciding when was the last time I went to the theatre. Not too long ago maybe, but not as often as it used to be. My hands were freezing. I met a friend while snacking at Macs at Plaza Singapura. Then another in the theatres. I exchanged greetings with the first and chatted briefly. He updated me on some of my old friends' well being. Nothing has changed much. Some are still quite as quirky and have retained that warpy sense of humor.
The other friend I saw did not see me. I did not managed to catch his whole profile. We were together, within 2 metres of each other for a good 2 hours. I tried to catch his attention at first by staring at him. But the lighting was not that good....

No comments: