nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

My night at the airport

Within my memories or brain, there is a very serene night at the airport. I am not certain if such an event actually happened but the feelings it inspires are very real. Let me describe the scene to you. It is a quiet and blue night, the airport runway is lit up by thousands of lamps and everything is very peaceful.

There are some movements by cargo trucks or technicians on the runway. Very subtle but because it is so quiet, their actions are magnified. The droning sound of a landing airplane is heard. The plane is then spotted faraway and gradually becomes bigger. It is a night where you can see the stars but not from the plane. However the ground looked like dense clusters of stars albeit very squarish from the plane.

The stars on the ground are golden in color interspersed with rectangles that are dark blue and very dull. Although the plane is very noisy while landing, there is a serenity contained in the night that overwhelms everything. I do not notice other passengers, not even my mother who was with me. I know in my subconsciousness they should be there.

Perhaps they are too tired. I suspect their tiredness comes not from the flight but a wariness of life and of the lonely night. I feel like I am among zombies. Not those vicious menacing ones but people without souls. They move around me in a slow blurness. I am in high contrast and richly colored.

AS I moved towards the arrival hall, everything seems so vivid and yet silent. No, they are loud, not audibly but visually everything is loud and clear. I know somewhere in B1 the hall is empty and there is an emptiness waiting for me to occupy. I know that I will find solitude in the level directly below mine.

Why am I writing this? Because it is a sleepless night for me again. How I long to return to this airport of my dreams. So I may enter the basement of loneliness. The nothingness within it will engulf me and I will finally find my peace.

No comments: