nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Friday, November 21, 2008

I am going to Yokohama to watch Man U in action for their FIFA club world cup tournament semifinal. Of course me in any state of mind will not pay to go and watch the Red Devils. Blue is the color of the blood coursing through my veins. However this is an unexpected present and a free trip. It took me all of a minute to participate in the Sony Football Moments contest, a contest that requires you to vote for the best goal out of five selected moments. Naturally I chosen Samir Nasri's 2nd goal against Man U because it is indeed a work of beauty. I summed it up with the words: flowing football with a gush of quality at the end. And in the end I got a pair of tickets to Tokyo, accomodation for 2 nights and 2 tickets for the competition which is Chelsea had won in May, it would be the best thing that had happened since the invention of Katong Laksa. So well, this comes in second but it is still not bad. I probably have to start my revision like right now so I can spare that few days away frolicking in the white cold city of Yokohama and Tokyo.
I think I was wondering how wonderful it would be to be able to go to Disneyland. I think there is one is Tokyo, and I will be going there. If it is indeed in Tokyo. I should start digging my old Jap textbook out and relearn those hanakana or whatever those basic jap words and their pronunciation are. A 2-3 day itinery should not be too hard to plan. Without expenses like hotel and air tickets, I probably can spend a tiny bit more on food and sovenoirs over there. Not everyone will get one from me becauase I am not exactly that rich. Perhaps I should just get some for my parents. Since I am going with my uncle I probably will not have the chance to witness the sleazy side of Tokyo. I shall take plenty of pictures and visit all their famous attractions as I possibly can in 3 days. I will be watching the match on the evening of 18th.
Yesterday I went to watch Hell's Highway KM31. It is a mexican flick and another pair of free tickets. I still have not used my Dragon Hunters' tickets. There is only 1 screening time left at PS. I certainly hope it will still be around by next wednesday. Pray hard. Another way that was my 12th or 13th pair of free tickets this year. I guess it is pretty easy to win tickets to shows which are not that popular. Xueting did not find the Dragon Hunters interesting. My dad thought Hell Highway was crap. At least my mum was appreciative of Journey to the Center of the Earth. She got really anxious when the dinosaur started snapping at the heels of the kid who was looking for his dad or his legacy. Let me recall, the other shows I got free tickets for are: Black Magic 4, Dragon Hunters 2 pairs, Sing to the Dawn, Clones War, Boy A, Mama Mia, Babylon AD, 2 pairs of GV tickets which have no restriction on what I watch, a pair of Beyond concert tickets, 2 pairs of Misia concert tickets... Somewhere there.I think I missed out a couple of shows but it doesn't really matter.
I feel like eating rum and raisin ice cream. I cannot remember where I had last eaten it or whey is there such a craving. I shall buy it later after I have finished at least 2 chapters of my OBGYN notes. Today was a pain really. I had to lug around my laptop and two thick files worth of notes from NUS to KKH and back home. My back and neck is still aching from that exertion.
Someone mentioned that the prevalence of HPV is around 70 to 80 %. I was thinking ruefully that we as a batch probably end up in that 20% who get no exposure. It is kind of sad. After all my friend wisely said that we are like teapots, waiting to pour our tea into the teacups that are around. Stale tea doesn't taste too good.
So I shall spend an hour or so tomorrow to plan for the trip to Japan. Then many hours on studying the notes which I had reclaimed from the photocopy shop for a princely sum of 30++ bucks.
Life goes on.
Fucking hell. I am glad I copied this entry before attempting to upload. The connection almost took me for aride again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really enjoy reading ur blog! its so interesting n funny in some ways =) keep it up!