nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Drogba is back, Anelka scored again and Chelsea drew again.

The title of the post says it all. It was another frustrating night for me as I watch my beloved team slump to yet another disappointment at home. Intriguing, I struggle to recall a time where I wore my Blue Chelsea Jersey and my team won. Perhaps I am just being paranoid but I am mildly convinced that I am a sort of curse to my favourite football club.
Knowing that tonight's West Ham is easy meat, or so I believed, I decided to test that theory again. Hoping to break the jinx once and for all, I ended up with eggs on my face as Chelsea couldn't score more than twice in 90 minutes and dropped points at Stamford Bridge once more.
Drogba is looking fit and dangerous again and Anelka is taking the chances coming his way. So I probably shouldn't be complaining. They do take time to gel and the most crucial part would be in February and March. That is when the top of the table is getting more defined and Champions League action is coming thick and fast. I am still unconvinced of the abilities of Deco even though he has scored a triplet of good goals so far. HIs passes appear to be always going astray and where is the vision that he guaranteed us? Nothing penetrating so far and nothing very exquisite. Perhaps he should be taken off instead of Joe Cole who can at least drag the opposition wide or beat them with his trickery and pace.
I am still betting on Deco to come good. Hopefully Ballack shakes off his rustiness soon and perform as he did the later part of last season. Sometimes we get too dependent on Bosingwa and if he has an off day, we usually stutter.
With the January transfer window looming, I think we really need a dynamic or willy player. Owen might be a good addition but he is only good at scoring. He no longer beats opponents with his pace and we have Anelka finishing off the moves already. With him in the team, either he has to be satisfied with not playing all the time or not lasting the whole match or just coming on as a substitute.
Ribery is involved in the Champions League with Bayern and Robben won't be returning. So two of the best players in creating chances and beating opponents are definitely not on the way to Stamford Bridge. I have always wanted Benzema, and I think he just might be another Fernando Torres. But he is ineligible for the Champions League and Lyon would want the world for him.
So where does that leave us? Amri Zaki with his powerful runs and skillful execution might be interesting but he is not the top of my list. Maybe Damian Duff can make a return or Robinho can still go on a strike and demands a move to London. Yah Robinho is definitely my first choice. Too bad he was waylaid by Mark Hughes' MAn City. I can imagine Chelsea leading with at least 8 to 9 points ahead of Liverpool if he had joined us.
Perhaps we should let Scott Sinclair establish himself with more first team experiences. His pace makes him an interesting prospect but he really needs time to settle down with the pace of top flight football.
Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps!

No comments: