nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

the first week of my holidays

A whole week of resting, of doing nothing but eating, sleeping, playing games and repeating the same routine over and over again. I am still tired. Maybe I should plan for a trip to thailand or cameroon highland this week. Too lazy to travel and too poor for it as well.
I am in the hunt for a new LCD screen. The old one of mine did not withstand the thunderous blows I dealt it and now there is a thick 5 cm solid white line across the screen. So I blog outside on my laptop. Not much typing can be done on my old screen. LCD screens are getting affordable. I like to go for size and a 32inch would suit me well. It will cost me $800 to $900 if I go for an older model, but that is the price of my 19 inch 3 years ago. But still I cannot afford it. My birthday is coming soon, maybe some one will buy one for me. I figured that if each of my friend contribute $20 to my buy a new LCD screen fund, I would need 40 friends. I do not have that many. Even a 22 or 26 inch LCD screen requires me to have at least 25 friends. I doubt I can think of so many.
Most of my past birthdays I spent alone. Or rather at work or just not in celebration. That has been the case since young because my birthday falls during the holidays so not many people know about it. On a good year I get one present. But this year my mother is bringing me to eat a big meal. I really should not be eating any more. Starve myself for one year and I will still look the same. Such is the vast amount of energy reserve I have in store. My value is rising as well. Soon it will reach the $150 mark for one barrel of me. Sometime in July I guess.
I got a wallet from zx and co once, a shirt from cheryl last year though I really think I have misplaced that shirt. A cow moneybank some years back from veron. A crab from E and SR and ferrairo rocher chocolates from the same E the year we were at Famine camp. I got a cake from S and Co and a few cards from S and Co as well. Oh yah and a really nice white bean bear from B and not so pretty but interesting small birthday bear from K during my army days. Of course there was a nice shirt and card and cake last year from the pandas while I was preparing for my sups. There was a meal from A and C as well.
So in my 24 years of life, I guess that averages to about 0.5 or 0.6 present per year. Hopefully this year someone wishes to tip the scale and presents to me something I really could live with. I am not asking for much, anything bigger or equal to 26 inch LCD screen would do just fine. Praise the Lord. Maybe if I go to a church and I have church friends, some one might be kind enough to buy one for me. Or they might dip into the church fund. Of course I say everything in jest.
That is why I wish I am a girl on an occasion like this. A pretty one that is. Or a sexy one. Of course, with my perpensity to rival the size of an elephant I most probably would not make an attractive girl. But if I were, I would definitely flaunt my charms and get some love stricken fool to buy what I want for me. I could do that without being a girl as well. But girls tend to think that giving handmade stuff like embroidery or cards beats every thing. Sure, that is if you are my wife. I almost got some girl to get me a crumbler or crumpler bag once but of course my conscience and her looks convinced me that it would not be a good idea. I might just be cursed if she reads this.
I have the quirkiest and most immmoral ideas and of course I voice them to my friends, tempting them to spice up their lives. But yet I am not a man of his words. Thankfully I do not have enough balls. Just like I asked Ann to seduce the dubai man and together we can blackmail him and demand some oil or gold in return. Not sure if she really needs my help, seems that she is doing fine on her own. But I really did go over the limit by asking her ex right in front of her if he is enjoying sex with his current girlfriend.His answer was interesting though I suspect not entirely truthful.You can see the constipated look on her face as she wonders what could have been. I say what I say in good humor and faith. No malice intended. Anyway it was interesting to go to little india which is not really in little india but in farrer park with ann and fifi. Mustafa sells cheap stuff. I wonder about the price of the LCDs there.
I think i will get married a year or two after graduation. Most of my friends laugh and wonder where would I get my bride and who wants to marry me. I wonder if a mail ordered bride counts? Of course I could also get hitched to the most wonderful girl in the world. Anything is possible. I wonder who would I ask to be my best man. Somehow B seems a good choice. Maybe I can ask him about it the next time we meet. I do feel like asking S to be but how can an indian girl be my best man? Nevertheless I shall sit her at the VIP table if there is one. Of course, every table at my wedding is a VIP table. I am well assured of my own importance. So that makes my guest important as well. When ever my mum asks me when am I going to find a girlfriend, I would reply her with the standard: my expectations are not high, maybe just a simple girl with a billionaire dad, a first class honors and movie star looks would suit me. Yesterday I read in the papers, a koren business mogul with a wealth of hundreds of millions had an open application for the husband of his daughter. thousands of wannabes applied for it. A modern day male cinderella story. A doctor eventually made the grade and would marry his daughter and take over his business. His daughter graduated from quite a prestigeous American Uni and holds a high paying job. The only dampening issue is that she is too short.
The search for a Chelsea manager is still on. I do hope it will be someone who is capable of delivering results. Scolari seems a good bet, not so with Rijkaard. I felt that he won the Spanish liga and Champions League because his players were just too good. He had a red hot ronaldinho and unstoppable Eto. There was also Messi and Henrik larsson. Not to forget deco and puyol. I do not think he will succeed at Stamford bridge. Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool are all actively strengthening their squad. I think it would just be a disaster if Benzema makes a move to Man U . Roque Santa Cruz would be a good buy as well but it seems Man U is also trying to snap him up. Without a manager it would be hard to start scouting for new additions and many players would be wary about joining a club in uncertainty. Luckily the Euros are on and many players would rather focus on the competition than be involved in transfer issues. Hopefully within the next fortnight we can identify a suitable manager and begin our moves in the transfer market.
I am backing the Germans and French to win the title. Because of Ballack and Makelele. Portugal looks in fine form but I do not wish to see another honors for Christiano Ronaldo. And do you know his latest nickname? Christ Almighty.

No comments: