nothing could aptly describe. no one can rightly challenge. no soul could seemly defy. welcome to my world. where i make the rules and you stick by them.

About Me

Standing by, All the way. Here to help you through your day. Holding you up, When you are weak, Helping you find what it is you seek. Catching your tears, When you cry. Pulling you through when the tide is high. Absorbing your voice When you talk. Standing by when you learn to walk. Just being there, Through thick and thin, All just to say, you are my friend.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

From darkness

Good day my dear blog. guess i am getting increasingly attached to you. Wanted to visit you in the afternoon, but couldnt get the computer in time for a chanced encounter. Yah another tiring day. My days are making me increasingly tired. Perhaps it is an accumulation of weariness. I need plenty of sleep, something which i hope to get over the weekends.
I am in a chirpy mood for the night. Despite the hectic day and neverending work, the evening brought with it good news and rewarding work. I gave tuition to jeremy, trying to teach him binomial expansionl. Actually i hope to complete the Alevel syllabus before he reaches 17. My methods are crude but effective. For he is rather bright. In time he shall figure out the reasons. I taught him how to answer questions. Just follow a fixed example for specified questions. Gave him plenty of formulae to foollow.
Hopefully he will reach Nirvana in due course.
then i was wondering how to spend tomorrow night. And Mindy just msged me asking for tuition. She is another interesting person to teach, quite sure that in the end she will get all distinctions. Maybe this year can get her to aim for 2 special papers.
The earphones were inseparable from me today. I melted in the melodies of emil chau and eason chan. Their songs suggested a world of loneliness and shattered hearts.
Though I have never fallen madly in love with any one before. Their songs communicated this deeply human and teary sense of loss when one is separated from his love.
I shall translate one song which i found to be meaningful recently. By Mayday, it attracted me becoz I haad heard it in a rather special situation with the right people and the lyrics are vastly meaningful.
A beautiful song requires not only a soothing tune but also words that can trigger a whole spectrum or kaleidoscope of feelings.

Daniel Chan Hear me cry.

You couldnt say, needed someone new
you actually thought, deep inside I knew
can you tell me, how can you say
why this should surface
you passed me by and your heart as cold as ice
did you see me cry ?
did you see me cry ??
Can you hear me cry?
Will we ever grow apart?
you couldnt say, needed someone new.
and you .. actually thought.. deep inside I knew.

I couldnt translate the song to make it beautiful.
so I shall try again another day.

the lights had just gone out. A total blackout in the regions of sengkang, punggol and many other areas in Singapore.
No lights, no fan, no TV and no computers.
A rather quiet and peaceful moment.
My parents tried looking for candles to supply us with light, no matter how feeble.
Couldnt find any, until they saw a packet of birthday candles I had kept from two weeks again.
So we lit up those and instantly became a source of relief
filling us up.
It is actually not bad to be living without the modern day light bulb, the moon is actually bright enough for illumination.
I shall talk more about spending the night under the naked sky. Under the myriad of stars and blanketed by the wind of the wild..

No comments: